www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - re trying picture
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
re trying picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: re trying picture Reply with quote

Hello again the picture didn't make it I'll try again
Cheers Keith
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

Welcome aboard! About the image, I recommend to read carefully the instructions on how to post pictures --- see HERE and note especially Steps 5 and 6. It's not enough to do the upload. You also must insert an [img] tag into your post, referencing the uploaded image.

Cheers,
--Rik
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjlittlefield wrote:
It's not enough to do the upload. You also must insert an [img] tag into your post, referencing the uploaded image.

I don't recognise this as part of the process. The automated process inserts [img] before the image details and [/img] after. Is this some special circumstance, details posted elesewhere?

Harold
courtany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: missing picture Reply with quote

I think I had better skip pictures in future it's not my day.

Cheers Keith Laughing Laughing
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: missing picture Reply with quote

courtany wrote:
I think I had better skip pictures in future it's not my day.

If I can post a picture anybody can. The only problem I have had is if the file is too big.

There might be technical fault with the website. It was giving a lot of trouble about 10 hours ago, logging me out (I should be in permanently) and not letting me back in. It took ages to submit replies to various topics.

Harold
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold Gough wrote:
rjlittlefield wrote:
It's not enough to do the upload. You also must insert an [img] tag into your post, referencing the uploaded image.

I don't recognise this as part of the process. The automated process inserts [img] before the image details and [/img] after. Is this some special circumstance, details posted elesewhere?

The key is what I said just before the part you've quoted: "... and note especially Steps 5 and 6. "

The tag gets inserted by Step 5 of the process. It's "automated" in the sense that you don't have to construct the [img] tag yourself. But you do have to manually click one of the two "insert" links to make that happen. It's not enough to do the upload by pressing Send, which is Step 4.

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: