Merry Christmas !!!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Kite

Merry Christmas !!!

Post by Kite »

I was just looking down the 'scope at a new batch of collected animals, and guess what greated my eyes, seasons greetings. And I was so amazed to find an arcella, tardigrade, daphnia and 3 diatoms and a big load of writing all together under the slide, and all wearing festive gear... well I just HAD to share.

I was thinking of doing a little photoshop editing, but thought against it :P

Merry Christmas to you all, have a wonderful time with family and friends, and a prosperous new year!
Microscope: Watson Barnett Bactil
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thank you Kite! A very festive bunch you have photographed here. A Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you also.! :D

twebster

Post by twebster »

Where's Rudolph the red-eyed cyclops :?: Happy Holidays to you, too. :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Kite

Post by Kite »

rudolph the red eyed cyclops is currently on route to the north pole... at a speed of 20 um/s , he is predicted to get there in 2034 :D
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

hope everyone had a good one and Kite you must have really steady hands to put those santa hats on such small creatures ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Kite

Post by Kite »

hope everyone had a great christmas and didnt get too drunk! (I know I did, on both counts)

salden

Post by salden »

Hi Kite and Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope all went good for you (presents and stuff), and you do not suffer a hangover. I loaded up on Coffee as usual and have so many packages of baked goods from my Amish neighbors that I will take most of it to work to share. :D

Take care and enjoy the New Year's Eve Celebration.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue said:
have so many packages of baked goods from my Amish neighbors that I will take most of it to work to share.
I have got to find some Amish neighbors :? or maybe move over near Sue somewhere. I can smell the rich aroma of baking goodies now. =P~

Kite

Post by Kite »

no hangover fortuantely, I was drinking vodka and apple juice, gets you drunk, but no nasty headaches in the morning :D

New years looks to be the same as last years, leave the house at mid-day New years eve, and come back on the 3rd or 4th :D

oh, and I am a Quaker, not quite Amish, but I make good cake :D

salden

Post by salden »

Kite wrote:
oh, and I am a Quaker, not quite Amish, but I make good cake :D
Ummm... I did not get cake this year..hint hint :lol:
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Kite said:
I was drinking vodka and apple juice
Vodka and apple juice?! There's a new one I have never heard of but I guess it is no different from vodka and orange juice. Back in my very much younger days, I used to drink vodka from time to time, Smart'n Off I believe it was. :lol:

Kite

Post by Kite »

hmmm, well how much would it cost to send a big cake to Pennsylvania, and how long would it take, and would it go off before it got there?

let me see... too much, too long, yes probably

thats a no on the cake for you :P

but you can have a photo of the yule log I baked for christmas

Ken, vodka nad apple juice just tastes like apple juice, even if it is half vodka half apple juice, so you end up drinking far too much of it :D

remember, DRINK RESPONSIBLY!

salden

Post by salden »

Oh now that is a work of art :D .
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Kite said:
remember, DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
Oh I do, I do indeed drink responsibly, when I did drink. Every morning I got up, there was always someone telling me that "I was responsible for something that happened the night before" :!: :lol:

Kite

Post by Kite »

never a good sign, the worst thing ever is being shown photos o fwhat you did the night before :?

Thanks Salden, I was rather pleased with it :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic