Upgrade to BugEX home rig

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

BugEZ

Upgrade to BugEX home rig

Post by BugEZ »

I took advantage of the Memorial Day holiday to make some updates to my rig. This included a lighting change as well as a long contemplated upgrade to my bug actuator.

My previous equipment is described here:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=12851

Here is the "upgrade" story:

ImageImage

The results look OK at moderate magnificaitons. I am starting to check it out with my 10X lens.

Keith

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Wow! Great job, and works fine: The bee head looks excellent. Thanks for sharing, Keith. I love the American "can-do"-attitude!

Though, at first sight, I thought that a can with black enamel had exploded in your basement. :) :wink:
Now, OzRay's set-up is said to be 'steampunk' design. Then I'd say yours got that special Fred Flintstone-Barney Rubble touch. :) :wink: See what I mean?! :D

No offense intended, I am truely impressed by the various set-ups you guys come-up with which all exceed my craftsmanship skills. :(.
But hey, I can knit jumpers'n socks.

--Betty

BugEZ

Cartoon Characters

Post by BugEZ »

Betty,

With the rising price of gas, I may need to build a Fred Flintstone car that runs on "yabba-dabba-do" power...

More seriously, I will soon be trying the actuator with some microscope lenses. And then I have to clean up the mess from dissecting a dozen CD and floppy drives...

Keith

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic