New to macro Photography

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mahasuresh

New to macro Photography

Post by mahasuresh »

Hi

This is a tremendous forum and i love photomacrography. The wealth of information and pictures here are truly amazing. I am glad i stumbled upon this one.

I am new to macro photography. I have Nikon D700, kenko extension tubes and Nikkor 105mm VR lens which i think will be a decent enough kit to start with.

I am totally amazed by the pictures that are displayed here with Focus stacking.

What sort of lighting do you all recommend? I have Nikon Strobes will that suffice. I see some posts which has some LED lights etc? Are there any good posts/references for focus stacking?

Thanks
Suresh

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Suresh, welcome aboard! :D

Your equipment should work great. If you are completely new to focus stacking, then check out the tutorials linked at the top of Zerene Stacker page. You may also want to look at ControlMyNikon, which can automate much of the process of shooting a stack with your equipment. For stacking at higher magnification, see also our FAQ: What's the best way to focus when stacking?, FAQ: How can I hook a microscope objective to my camera?, and FAQ: which lenses are good at more than 1X in a bench setup?

Hope this helps! Are there any types of subjects that you're particularly interested in?

--Rik

mahasuresh

Post by mahasuresh »

Rik

Thanks for the warm welcome and pointing me to the information on the forum. I am intereseted in Flowers and Insects.

Thanks
Suresh

rjlittlefield wrote:Suresh, welcome aboard! :D

Your equipment should work great. If you are completely new to focus stacking, then check out the tutorials linked at the top of Zerene Stacker page. You may also want to look at ControlMyNikon, which can automate much of the process of shooting a stack with your equipment. For stacking at higher magnification, see also our FAQ: What's the best way to focus when stacking?, FAQ: How can I hook a microscope objective to my camera?, and FAQ: which lenses are good at more than 1X in a bench setup?

Hope this helps! Are there any types of subjects that you're particularly interested in?

--Rik

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

WELCOME
Just shoot it......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic