Equipment setup question

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

cincy244

Equipment setup question

Post by cincy244 »

Hi,

I am new to the group and have a question regarding the best usage of my equipment. I am using a Nikon D300 and have a Nikon Micro 105mm 1:2.8D, Nikon Micro 200mm 1:4D, Nikon Pb4 Bellows and a set of Kenko extension tubes. My main interest are small insects like fly's, bedbugs, beetles etc. I have tried different combinations of tubes, lens, and bellows. I remain confused on the best method for stacking. any advise would be helpful.

Regards,
Allen

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

first you'll need a tripod or some kind of solid support

then some kind of rack for moving the camera or the subject in small increments

look here>> http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... m.php?f=25
Just shoot it......

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Allen, welcome aboard! :D

There are a lot of options for stacking. Many of the important points are covered in our FAQ: What's the best way to focus when stacking?. Another resource that might be helpful is Zerene Stacker's Tutorial #2: Using a Macro Lens on a DSLR.

I suggest taking a careful read through those, then posting again with any further questions that you might have. There's been a lot of discussion about techniques and tradeoffs, but sometimes it's hard to find or to figure out how it applies to your specific interests. Don't be shy about asking.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic