Tiny Long Horned Beetle

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

seta666

Post by seta666 »

morfa wrote:Thank you very much!
seta666 wrote:What kind of Exposure times are you getting lets say with your mitutoyo 10 apo?
It's in the 1/25-1/10 second range.
That is the kind of exposure I am getting, I use three lamps though
Yesterday I did a 40x and I bumbed the iso to 400 so the exposure was not to slow. When doing 20x and up I find enviromental vibrations critical, my washing machine is like 15m away from the room where I do the stacks and if it is on you can see everything moving in liveview
Regards
Javier

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

seta666 wrote:
morfa wrote:Thank you very much!
seta666 wrote:What kind of Exposure times are you getting lets say with your mitutoyo 10 apo?
It's in the 1/25-1/10 second range.
That is the kind of exposure I am getting, I use three lamps though
Yesterday I did a 40x and I bumbed the iso to 400 so the exposure was not to slow. When doing 20x and up I find enviromental vibrations critical, my washing machine is like 15m away from the room where I do the stacks and if it is on you can see everything moving in liveview
Regards
Javier
Hello Javier,

Have you tried Sorbothane hemispheres or sheets to isolate the vibrations? It works really well, even in challenging environments (although the washing machine is probably still too extreme :) ).

Regards,
David

seta666

Post by seta666 »

dmillard wrote: Hello Javier,

Have you tried Sorbothane hemispheres or sheets to isolate the vibrations? It works really well, even in challenging environments (although the washing machine is probably still too extreme :) ).

Regards,
David
I did not even know that it existed, I am checking their website for info
What product should I look at? I am moving to a enlarger (vertical step up )
Regards and thank you for the info
Javier

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Javier wrote:What product should I look at? I am moving to a enlarger (vertical step up )
Sorbothane hemispheres (bumpers):
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/V110/HTML/7_6.htm

Here are some
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-SORBOTHANE-1-1-4- ... 0216963967

I've also seen these items for sale in Europe, but cannot find a link at the moment, maybe one of the Euros may provide additional info.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

seta666 wrote:
dmillard wrote: Hello Javier,

Regards,
David
I did not even know that it existed, I am checking their website for info
What product should I look at? I am moving to a enlarger (vertical step up )
Regards and thank you for the info
Javier
eBay 230584088487

Don't think "bigger is better". For sorbothane to work really well it has to be loaded so check the weight of your entire system and buy the right size feet.
rgds, Andrew

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes

seta666

Post by seta666 »

Thanks for the links, my system weighs 8kg alltogether (incluiding camera, enlarger and 3 axis) may be a bit more if I have to add a flash etc
So, should I take the big ones?

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Javier,

The hemispheres with a 50 durometer density can be used for items up to 25lbs (12Kg).

As Andrew mentioned, hemispheres which are too large will be counter-productive.

I can't see any 'durometer' details on the eBay UK listing, just a recommendation of 4-8Kg load?

For my setup, I use the 12Kg 'load', 4 x 1.25 inch, 50 durometer hemispheres. One hemisphere under each corner of the baseboard.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

seta666

Post by seta666 »

Thank you Craig, I think I will go for those (I already did).
Apologies to Morpha, we filled a whole page in his post with out commenting his pictures :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic