www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Photomicrography set-up with DSLR...Charles Krebs
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photomicrography set-up with DSLR...Charles Krebs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twebster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Photomicrography set-up with DSLR...Charles Krebs Reply with quote

Submitted by Charles Krebs...

Here's a picture of how I have set my scopes up to do photomicrography with a digital SLR (Canon 10D). It's pretty near identical to the way it's been done for years with film SLR's. The camera is mounted on a stand above the microscope, with no physical contact between camera and microscope.

I've put together a "personal web page" that describes most of my set-up. It's still pretty basic, but has much more info than I could put in a message.

It can be accessed here:

http://micropix.home.comcast.net/microsetup/index.html
Biologyben

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Great setup Reply with quote

This is awesome! The bellows solution is so much more simple and flexible than the interesting assembly of pvc tubes i rigged up a few years ago when when i mounted a really old canon ftql to a 1960's scope (at least it matched the age of the camera). But, i didn't have access to any plan objectives, was using no flash. Ended up being something like a 20 second exposure...it was interesting and fun tho.

Anyway ... I've got most of these parts laying around and am looking to buy a Canon 350d sometime...

A few questions. Any instructions on making the variable controller for the Vivitar? How about the mouse/remote release?

Lemme know!

Ben Shuman
rockdoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: It's InKrebulous Reply with quote

Drool!
This is my very first post since joining. And I want to thank you Charles for replying to some of my questions off site. I'm still searching for your recommendations on objectives. I'm gathering equipment terminally slowly but it does take time. So far I have been shooting with a Nikon D3100 & Nikor 60mm AF-S ED Macro with very nice results. I recently picked up a Canon Rebel T3i which I attached to my old trusty Zeiss DRC stereo scope. Wow! what a breeze it is using the EOS utility. My first stack from Zerenne was a very good quality picture given my inexperience, but Zerenne makes it pretty easy even for a newbie.

On the lead of someone from this forum I shopped for and found a nice Z-axis stage with 3mm of vertical travel using a micrometer that moves the stage microns at a time, I believe one rotation of the micrometer is 50 microns. Haven't got it in yet. Check Ebay here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110662903009?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

He has 4 more, I bid him down to $130, I think he might go lower. This will work well with my stereo scope base since I shoot pics of teeny tiny rock chips that never move. Still can't wait to find the right objective for sale!!

Cheers,

Doug

Quote:

yanyading

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirs, here is my solution, I use fixed stuff instead of bellows.

Flickr 上 yanyadingOlympus CH-2 Microscope with Tube (Projective Eyepiece Inside), Canon 350D and Angle Viewfinder.

The result is also good.

Flickr 上 yanyading班氏丝虫微丝蚴

Shot with Zeiss Neoflour 63X NA1.25 + 3.3X photo eyepiece
FrancisCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set up. Are you using the bellows to achieve greater magnification or merely to replace a lens system between the phototube and camera to have the image correctly on the sensor? I use a diagnostic instruments system.
FrancisCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yanyading wrote:
Sirs, here is my solution, I use fixed stuff instead of bellows.

Flickr ? yanyading ? Olympus CH-2 Microscope with Tube (Projective Eyepiece Inside), Canon 350D and Angle Viewfinder.

The result is also good.

Flickr ? yanyading ? [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/644000/7029300123/]???????[/url]

Shot with Zeiss Neoflour 63X NA1.25 + 3.3X photo eyepiece

That Zeiss Neofluor 63 is a great lens, I almost exclusively used it for several years research work. But I didn't own it LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: