Unknowns + Random photos

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Kite

Unknowns + Random photos

Post by Kite »

Well, time to contribute :D

Im loving this forum BTW chaps!

OK, before i upload the pics I want to say one thing, I know these pictures suck, I currently dont own a digital SLR or microphotography equipment to hook up a camera streight to the microscope, so what im doing is holding a digital camera to the lens, hoping the autofocus doesent make the picture FUBAR, and pressing the shutter.

This is one of the best photos I have taken of a water flea. This shows the main body, the muscle you see to the upper-left of the picture is for the legs (Correct me if I am wrong). This daphnia has been munching algea mostly, and you can see the poop (that was promptly ejected onto my slide about 10 seconds after this photo was taken). This daphnia was pregnant, awww, cute little eggs there at the bottom of the picture.

Now i get to my unknowns of today, this was found on a slide of a lilly leaf scraping, so was stuck to the bottom of it. any ID or links would be helpful :D

This is an example of something that keeps popping up and annoying me, is it a diatom? I have no idea :D
I see these quite frequently.
This photo was possibly the first I took after making my own DIY darkfeild :D Im liking darkfeild in tardigrades and rotifers immensely. such rpetty colours :D

e.g. this volvox photo:

thats all for now folks
Microscope: Watson Barnett Bactil
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

It looks pretty fine in my opinion. :D
Especially two first photographs.
But I'm not a chief guru here, there are much more competent guys around. 8)
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Kite

Post by Kite »

it all depends on how mean my camera autofocus is feeling, I take a picture, I compensate for the next pic, and it changes its focus AGAIN.

grrr.... I cant turn AF off either. im starting to take a rapid fire set of 6 pics and slowly turning the fine focus as i go, works, but not ideal.
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Hello kite,

pretty good pics there, I especially like the Volvox.

Pic 2 are planthairs, so-called star-like trichomes.

Pic 3 is a testate amoeba called Arcella ( http://www.micrographia.com/specbiol/pr ... ts0100.htm)

Merry Christmas

Bernhard

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Hey Kite, that's not a half bad photo of a Daphnia you've got there. In fact just about everywhere you look in that image there's interesting detail to check out - and in my opinion, content is every bit as important as image quality.

Bruce

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Yep, I agree, there are a lot of interesting things in your pictures Kite. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I would say that first image is marvelous. Lots of details, pretty good color and the composition leads you around the photograph, drawing your attention to things, instead of just glancing over them. The Volvox is pretty fair and as for the rest, not bad. I began photomicrography by holding the camera to the eyepiece of my microscope too and still in a sense I still am doing so but much differently now days. Keep at it Kite, soon you will have the hang of it. As for the AF, I used a Fuji 2650 for quite a long time on Auto and never had a problem with it or the AF. :D

Oh by the way, only three images per forum in a 24hr period, you have four here but that is okay, you're not the first to do so and won't be the last. :wink: :D

Kite

Post by Kite »

sorry about the 4 images, i read the rules but that obviously went in one eye and out the other.

thanks for the feedback all!

thanks for IDing the pictures Bernhard, I will see if i can have a closer look at arcella if i get one sometime soon :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic