Where to find a clip like this?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Chris S.
Site Admin

Where to find a clip like this?

Post by Chris S. »

Anybody know where to find something like the clip shown in the latter two images below? I'm looking for a clip to attach to the end of my Noga gauge stands to hold diffusers, reflectors, and gobos. So far, have not found what I want. Below is what I'm using now (potato-chip-bag-closing clips from the grocery store), and after that, an example of a nice clip that I'd like to purchase. Does anyone know of a source? FYI, I am not impressed with the Delta clips sold at B&H. I'm looking for something with rubber grips, nicely shaped to be bolted to an arm.

Here are the grocery-store clips I'm using now-which actually work surprisingly well, even as attached with rubber bands. If I don't find what I'm looking for, will get out the drill, and possibly some epoxy to reinforce, and will use M6 screws to mount these to the Noga arms. But the clips shown in the later images would be better. (By the way, the diffuser is cut from a Globe-Weis file holder--really nice, and quite cheap.)

This clip came with (and is still attached to) my Impact brand boom stands. I could cannibalize them, but rather like these stands for lightweight field use. I don't see the clips themselves sold alone. If I could find them, it would be very easy to attach them to the Noga arms. And I can vouch for the fact that they work really well.

A second image of the clip from the Impact boom stand.

Anybody know where to find something like them? Thanks!

--Chris

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Chris,

I'm almost certain Manfrotto, Kaiser make something like this....having a look now....

Manfrotto 275 Mini Spring Clamp

also see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Manfrotto-275-Mini- ... 0615031179

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Craig, I really appreciate your looking. Please let me know what you find.

The Manfrotto 275 is one I hadn't seen. But I'd rather it had a rubber grip (though I could perhaps add that), had a shallower clamping angle, and lacked the stud socket--which I could probably remove to expose a mounting hole, but which likely adds cost. If I find what I want, I'll purchase at least half a dozen of them.

Thanks again for looking!

Cheers,

--Chris

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

This may give you some ideas:

http://prostudio360.com/Studio-Accessories-Clips/

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

have a look at ebay

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Thanks, Harold and Charles. I've ordered eight of the clips in the Charles' second eBay auction number. They look quite workable, and easy to attach to the Noga stands with M6 screws.

Cheers,

--Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic