Fine focusing a microscope using StackShot

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

Post by johan »

Thanks Rik, appreciated! I have to say as a marketer I'm a little bit amazed that retro-BOT put out a video with such poor audio, but those couplers sure do look handy :).
rjlittlefield wrote:
johan wrote:I'm going to come up against this challenge in the very near future, mating Stackshot and a newly-bought Labophot. Is the Rik method here still the currently recommended method?
My current rig uses a focus block that was sawed from the arm of a microscope, with a stepper motor mount glued to the body of the block and timing belt drive to a gear that replaces one of the fine focus knobs. See details HERE.

However, if you don't want to damage or modify the microscope, then simply coupling to the regular fine focus knob is fine. This is an established method, used even by some commercial add-ons, for example HERE.

--Rik
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Agreed, the video seems pretty low quality even for a "sneak preview" as advertised. I assume they'll put out a better one for the real announcement.

--Rik

JH

Post by JH »

johan wrote:I'm going to come up against this challenge in the very near future, mating Stackshot and a newly-bought Labophot. Is the Rik method here still the currently recommended method?

Thanks
Hi Johan
Inspired by Rik I have used this set up for a couple of years:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 621#166621
Regards Jörgen
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

johan

Post by johan »

JH wrote:Hi Johan Inspired by Rik I have used this set up for a couple of years:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 621#166621
Regards Jörgen
Thanks Jörgen, massively appreciated!!
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic