Grandfather's Pocket Watch

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Well Bill, it looks like everyone is very excited about your photos. They are very sharp and show the textures off very well. Watches are very interesting also. Great job on these shots :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Bill D

Post by Bill D »

Well, Thank you very much Doug! I am excited about finding this forum. I keep going through the galleries viewing all of the superb images by all the members here. Everybody I have met here has been so nice and helpful.

Ken- A PNG is a Programable Network Graphic. This type file was developed for uploading images onto the net. I don't know exactly how they compare to other file types, but, PNGs have more information than JPEGs or Gifs.
Bill

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken Ramos wrote:I did not know what a PNG was used for, I guess it is sort of like a TIFF?
For photos, PNG is very much like TIFF. See http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngintro.html for medium-gory details.

--Rik

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Superb photographs, Bill. :smt023
And two really nice old pocket watches. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic