Reversing ring

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

scitch

Reversing ring

Post by scitch »

I wanted to play around with reversing a lens on my Sony a200. So, I purchased a reversing ring for Maxxum to 55 mm. When it arrived, it wasn't a Maxxum, it was a Minolta MD connector and wouldn't work with the alpha. My office can only order form B and H or Adorama and neither has the reversing ring I need. I know that the reversing rings for my camera exist. They have them on ebay, but my office cannot purchase off of ebay.

My question is . . . They have a Sony Alpha to 49 mm reversing ring and 49 to 55 mm step rings. Will adding the step up rings in between the camera and the reversed lens hurt the photos?

Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The step rings should be fine. They will add only a mm or two of additional space between the lenses. You might be able to tell the difference by carefully studying photos with vs without, but it will not be a difference that would attract your attention.

--Rik

scitch

Post by scitch »

Thanks. I wish I could study with and without, but that would mean that I could find one that doesn't require step-up rings. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it at either of those vendors.

Mike

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

scitch wrote:Thanks. I wish I could study with and without, but that would mean that I could find one that doesn't require step-up rings. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it at either of those vendors.

Mike
Hi Scitch...

I purchased a reversing ring for my Sony Alpha 300 camera here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

It was delivered a about a week after payment via Pay Pal:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

For about £7 off EBAY Scitch surely you can purchase that out of the petty cash? Whose camera is it anyway, yours or the firms?

DaveW

scitch

Post by scitch »

Thanks Sony Alpha and Dave.

The camera belongs to my office from a grant that I wrote. So, technically, it is theirs, but I'm the only one who ever uses it. I've seen the rings on eBay, but we purchased one that doesn't fit and have a credit with that company, so I was hoping to find a suitable replacement that I can purchase with our return credit. We bought an external flash from the other company "for sony alpha cameras" that did not fit a sony alpha camera so we have a credit with them too.

Petty cash? No such thing in the education world.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic