Good deal?

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

airbrn1187

Good deal?

Post by airbrn1187 »

I have decided upon the BH2 with help from everyone here. The websites that were linked were excellent by the way. I was just wondering if this appears to be a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-BH2-BHT ... 19cc41ce89

I understand it has leitz objectives but over time i can upgrade slowly.

Thank you all again for such fast and helpful advice.

Perl

Post by Perl »

You mean downgrade from Leitz to Olympus ??
****** Seeing is Believing ******

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Would you not want a trinic head? tbh if you could get it for 399 it doesn't look like a bad setup for the price but personally I would definitely want a trinoc head. Of course you could purchase this seperately and then sell the binoc head...

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

I would pass on the "Buy it now" price.

You have mismatched objectives (2 Leica and one Olympus). It has American Optical eyepieces... which would not really provide the proper chromatic correction for any of the objectives. And I would want to know what the tape is doing over the field lens on the base unit (maybe nothing, but also maybe holding something together that shouldn't be loose. :wink:)

airbrn1187

Post by airbrn1187 »

Thank you all again for such quick responses. I too was weary of mismatched objectives and eyepieces and the tape also. I will just patiently stalk ebay until the right one comes along.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

airbrn1187,

Check you forum mailbox for a PM.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic