Nikon Phase Contrast 2 Condenser [SOLD]

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mitch640

Nikon Phase Contrast 2 Condenser [SOLD]

Post by Mitch640 »

Sorry, Item is sold.

I recently bought this condenser on E-bay for a great price, thinking I could somehow modify it to fit my Fluophot. But, while the condenser looks brand new and I would love to use it, there is just no way it is ever going to work on the Fluophot.

And, wouldn't you know it, just a few days after buying this one, the only other Fluophot phase condenser on the planet, aside from the one Francisco owns, came available, I offered a low ball bid, and got it this morning. It's on it's way. So the other one is for sale for what I paid, $130 + shipping to the USA. Here is the original text from that E-bay seller.

"Nikon Phase Contrast 2 condenser with 4 phase positions (PH1,PH2,PH3,PH4) and one darkfield position. It also has one open position that has a movable aperture diaphragm. All of the lenses look good with no scratches, fogging, or delamination. This condenser has 2 built in centering knobs on the underside to adjust the phase annuli, and then can be locked in place. I am not sure, but I think this will fit on all the Labophot, Optiphot, and Eclipse series Nikon microscopes, as well as the BH and BX series from Olympus. This condenser was removed from a Nikon Labophot 2 microscope."

I know for a fact that this condenser will fit the BH-2 BHTU condenser carrier. I have that scope base and tried it.

Last edited by Mitch640 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

neurophoton

Re: Nikon Phase Contrast 2 Condenser

Post by neurophoton »

Hi Mitch,

Where did you find the condenser for the Fluophot? I'm having a hell of a time finding parts for my Fluophot and it would help to know where to look...

Rod

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Hi Rod. So far, E-bay is the only place I have found any parts for sale. The scope seems to be in the Dinosaur class. Dead and gone. With yours, that makes 4 in the world that I know of. There are even less optional parts for them.

What are you looking for?

neurophoton

Post by neurophoton »

Hi Mitch,

I'm looking for a condenser carrier and a coarse focus tube. Both of these are broken or have never been working as they should on my Fluophot.

A darkfield condenser and an HB-201AN mercury lamp would be nice too.

I'd like to see a picture of your new condenser when you get a chance to see what it looks like.

Rod
Mitch640 wrote:Hi Rod. So far, E-bay is the only place I have found any parts for sale. The scope seems to be in the Dinosaur class. Dead and gone. With yours, that makes 4 in the world that I know of. There are even less optional parts for them.

What are you looking for?

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

I have an extra original condenser carrier, since I got the condenser and the carrier with my new one.

What do you mean by Mercury lamp? The glass bulb itself, which are about $100, or you want the whole lamp housing that hangs off the back of the scope?

Go to this page. Page 1 shows the scope in the warehouse, before I bought it. It shows the Mercury Lamp House. Pages 4 and 5 show complete images of the original condenser and carrier. Look them over and let me know what you need. :)

http://www.flashbax.com/micro/nikon-fluophot.html

By the way, I also know where there is another Fluophot scope for sale if anyone is interested.

neurophoton

Post by neurophoton »

Mitch,

I mean the power supply/ignitor unit for the lamp. I have the lamphouse and a bulb; I just need the stock lamp ignitor, which is the HB-201AN part. I almost got one recently on ebay but was outbid by someone in Germany. Shopping for the Fluophot is like finding Fabrege eggs. I'm thinking of selling my Fluophot for parts and buying a more parts-available scope.

In the meantime, I am very interested in your condenser carrier if you are willing to sell it. Also interested in the other Fluophot if it is going for a reasonable price to have it as a parts scope.

Rod
Mitch640 wrote:I have an extra original condenser carrier, since I got the condenser and the carrier with my new one.

What do you mean by Mercury lamp? The glass bulb itself, which are about $100, or you want the whole lamp housing that hangs off the back of the scope?

Go to this page. Page 1 shows the scope in the warehouse, before I bought it. It shows the Mercury Lamp House. Pages 4 and 5 show complete images of the original condenser and carrier. Look them over and let me know what you need. :)

http://www.flashbax.com/micro/nikon-fluophot.html

By the way, I also know where there is another Fluophot scope for sale if anyone is interested.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic