Hi from Kettering UK

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

arby

Hi from Kettering UK

Post by arby »

Hi

Just joined the forum found from a link on the Zerene site.

Been interested in photography for years but my interest waned. Then when I started growing carnivorous plants I got keen to take some close ups of these little marvels. Using just a simple point and shoot compact I could get in quite close but the quality was not too brilliant, this spurred me on to get a DSLR Nikon D90.

I now have a pretty basic (aka cheap) setup with a BPM focus rail and some extension tubes. I tend to rely on natural light as I can't decide on a flash setup. Big learning curve but there are some awesome images and equipment used on here for inspiration. Can see I'll be trawling the site for weeks/months.

You can find my efforts on Flickr here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arbygfx/

cheers

Bob

abpho

Post by abpho »

Welcome aboard. You got some nice shots on your flickr stream.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome aboard! I'm glad to hear that somebody found out about photomacrography.net from Zerene. Usually it happens the other way around!

--Rik

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Good to see you here.

I started on macro, in the 1960s, with a fixed lens SLR, with one or more meniscus lenses, shooting cactus flowers in my greenhouse. I got interested in macro again, in the 1980s, when I looked through a club member's Vivitar 70-210 macro.

I collecting some insectivorous pants in the 1970s, togehter with orchids, but I then concentrated on the succulents. I am trying a few orchids again. At least orchid flowers last more than a day or two.

I have yet to use flash with digital, mainly because of the expense. However, in good daylight, and with IS and up to 400 ISO, I can get reasonable results up to 3x life size. Most of this is done with MF film lenses.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic