www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - First decent stack
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
First decent stack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiagoThedim

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: First decent stack Reply with quote

After some tests (and several hours reading this forum!) I finally managed to achieve some decent results:

The small whiteish particles on the eye are dust, I believe. I still need a better way to store my models, other than sitting atop my desk.

Now the technical details:
130 pictures (0.02mm step) @ f5.6 1/125 combined with Zerene Stacker (PMax method)
The fly was lighted with two flashes ( SB-800 and SB-28 ), one at each side.
As far as the lens go, I used a Vega 11U ( 50mm f2.8 ). A russian enlarger lens. Don't know much about it except it has a 5 element design and a nice 13-blade diaphragm.
I will post more details about the setup on another thread.

Comments are more than welcome Very Happy
abpho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That turned out really well for you. Very clean detail. None of those nasty halos I keep getting either.

To combat the dust particles I give my subjects either a water bath or I give them a blast with an air blower (Giottos Rocket Blower).
TiagoThedim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip abpho! I'll definitely try the air blower before my next stack.
As far as the halos go, I was getting some before but decreasing the size of the step (from 0.05 to 0.02mm) increased the final quality by a considerable amount.
abpho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Thanks. I will have to keep that in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: