Hello, I'm a beginner photography enthusiast from Finland.

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

NikonSenior

Hello, I'm a beginner photography enthusiast from Finland.

Post by NikonSenior »

An interesting and instructive discussion forumi. I have a few days, read the pages and learn about good photography, I have received. I am interested in macro photography, and it would be vuoien years to develop.

Here this year, acquired during the camera kit.

Nikon D3100,
Nikon AF-S DX 35/1.8g,
Nikon AF-S DX ED II 18-55/3.5-5.6G,
Nikon AF-S DX ED55-200/4-5.6G BK,
Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8 G ED,

Nikon flash SB-400,
Metz Ring Flash mecablitz 15 MS-1 digital (macro shots),

VANGUARD "Below 263 AGH Pro Camera Stand + GH-100 Gun Ball Head,

Lowepro - Nova 180 AW Camera Bag,

Happy-year follow-up forumilaisille. :D

abpho

Post by abpho »

Welcome aboard.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome aboard! :D

I notice in your posting there are a couple of non-English words (vuoien, forumilaisille). Are you using an automatic translator? Which one?

--Rik

NikonSenior

Post by NikonSenior »

rjlittlefield wrote:Welcome aboard! :D

I notice in your posting there are a couple of non-English words (vuoien, forumilaisille). Are you using an automatic translator? Which one?

--Rik
I use the Google translator, lodged by the English when I have not studied. :wink:

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The Google translator is pretty good. I do not know of any better.

One problem is that all the automatic translators are very sensitive to spelling errors. For example Google translates from Finnish to English like this:
"olisi vuosien vuotta kehittää" becomes "would be developed over the years", while
"olisi vuoien vuotta kehittää" becomes "would vuoien years to develop".

I know that errors like these are very hard to see.

Some of them can be avoided by very carefully checking to be sure that all words are spelled correctly.

But sometimes the translators will give nonsense no matter how careful you are with spelling. Some of those can be detected by taking the output and translating it back to your native language. If it does not come back correctly, try changing the words until what you get back from the round trip looks like what you put in. (Sometimes even this does not work either!)

Anyway, if something looks odd, we will know to ask.

Thanks for joining the forum!

--Rik

PS. English speakers may be amused by what happened when I translated the above from English to Finnish and back again. One snippet was:
But sometimes the translators give a crap no matter how careful you are spelling. Some of these can be seen taking off and turn it back on the mother tongue.
Oh well, it is close enough! :D

NikonSenior

Post by NikonSenior »

Thank you for your help, rjlittlefield. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic