www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - San Francisco.
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
San Francisco.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yardman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: San Francisco. Reply with quote

I am a New Zealander and an amateur insect photographer. In early October I will staying near San Francisco (Berkeley) for a week. Is it worth bringing my macro lens? Can anyone recommend parks, gardens or bush where I could locate bugs (or reptiles) at that time of year? I have read the posting and photographs of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and that will get a visit.
microcollector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UC Berkeley has a botanical garden. Directions can be found by searching for it on Google. When my wife and I lived in Berkeley, we used to take walks in the hills behind the campus. Not sure what interesting things you might find there.

Doug

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2
yardman

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug. Thanks for the tip. I have made inquiries with U.C. Berkeley. They confirm Botanical Gardens is a good site for bugs but October is a bit late in the year. I will take my Macro just in case. If you leave it behind you always have use for it.
pictureted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Go south to Filoli Gardens, Woodside, CA Reply with quote

If you have time, you can drive south of San Francisco to the Filoli Gardens in Woodside, CA.

http://www.filoli.org/

or go the flickr and look at shots tagged filoli or filoligardens

From there you could head to the San Mateo coast on highway 84 and visit various state parks and beaches, as well as the quaint town of Pescadero and Duarte's Tavern (lunch).
yardman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: San Francisco Reply with quote

Thanks Ted. I will be visiting Monterey so will check out your sites on the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: