FOUND: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

xys

FOUND: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions

Post by xys »

I would like to replace the binocular head with a trinocular on my Labophot. According to the manual, eyepiece tube type T, F, or UW would fit. I'm guessing UW has larger diameter eyetubes, and my eyepieces won't fit. I could find next to no information on older Nikon microscopes on the web-- only infinity-corrected Eclipse, etc. There is on ebay a "TT" head, but no information on it (I did contact the seller and he sent me a brochure on the Eclipse); I suspect that the head is for infinity optics.

Thank you for any tips.

Rashid
Last edited by xys on Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pau
Site Admin

Re: WTB: Trinocular head for Nikon Labophot and Questions

Post by Pau »

xys wrote: ...I'm guessing UW has larger diameter eyetubes, and my eyepieces won't fit....
I don't have specific info about Nikon, but most microscopes use only two eyepiece diameter standards: 23.5mm and 30mm (some stereomicroscopes use 30.5mm). Reducing converters to put 23.5mm in 30mm tubes are usually made by manufactures and aftermarket makers and are not difficult to find.
Pau

xys

Post by xys »

Pau,

Many thanks for your helpful reply (as always!) I have just bought another Labophot on Ebay that already has a trinocular head for a good price (I think). Once I get it, I'll sell my current one (I don't think I'll lose any money on it).

Again, many thanks!

Rashid

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic