www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - OpenCourseWare from MIT
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OpenCourseWare from MIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: OpenCourseWare from MIT Reply with quote

Ever wish you could continue your education but have limited time and of course, always, limited resources (in the way of cash!) Well here might be somewhat of a solution. Though you will not get a degree of any kind, you can complete select courses from MIT for absolutely nothing. Surprised

At present I am studying Molecular Biology. I have at my disposal all lectures, study guides, notes & references, exams, everything I need to complete the course, absolutely free. However, there is a catch. It does cost you your time. Rolling Eyes See Here Very Happy
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, I think you have just opened yet another way to spend gobs of happy learning time.

The MIT OpenCourseWare program had completely escaped my attention.

Thanks for posting it! Very Happy

--Rik
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know it is the only free professional instruction on the web. It is a little lacking in some areas but hey, it's more than anyone else is doing to make the internet a useful source of information, so I got to hand it to MIT for their doing it. I am wondering though, could you challenge these free courses for credit? Think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: