Refining the rig.. ausJENA 6.3/0.2 apo (house spider)

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

phreakocious

Refining the rig.. ausJENA 6.3/0.2 apo (house spider)

Post by phreakocious »

Still working through some of the details in the new rig. I made the mistake of adjusting the bellows in live view and got a nice load of dust on the sensor. Picked up some Eclipse cleaner (methanol) and Sensor Swab 2 pads from the local camera store. Several rounds with that stuff and about 96% of the junk is gone.

Here are some results with a newly procured lens.. 100 images, PMax in Zerene demo:

ausJENA 6,3/0,2 160/- Apochromat objective
20mm RMS extension
52mm->RMS step-down ring
Nikon F->52mm adapter
PB-6 bellows
Nikon D7000

100% crops:
ImageImage

I'm liking the look of the new objective. Lighting arrangement needs some work, as well as some diffusion. Love to hear any feedback!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

It seems I overlooked this one when it was first posted.

Yes, the new objective looks good. I would have been nervous that this objective might require a compensating eyepiece and thus would have CA when used by itself on bellows, but I'm sure not seeing any problem in what's shown here.

Looking forward to more images...

--Rik

phreakocious

Post by phreakocious »

Thanks, Rik! Was waiting to post this one, but will add here instead of creating a new post.

SB-600 flash (off-camera)
Plastic bottle from rubbing alcohol fitted over flash as diffuser (interior of upper surface painted white for reflection)

Don't it look like a puppy? ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic