www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Warnham Mill Pond
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Warnham Mill Pond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpmatthews

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Warnham Mill Pond Reply with quote

Here is the outflow (overflow) for the mill pond at my local nature reserve, photographed a few hours ago - a grey miserable day and the pond is high after recent rains. I came back with some water samples, however, so with luck I'll have a look at them this evening.

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same kind of day here also Graham. Cold (52F) rainy and raw. It is such days as this that make one apprecieate the warm comforts of home. Maybe sitting in a comfortable chair with a good book, the soft warm glow of the lamp casting its golden light across the pages in the quietness of ones home with only the ticking of the clock to mark the time spent, maybe a cup of coffee or, in your case, maybe some tea to sip on. Then again one could retreat to that special place, alone with their thoughts and persue their hobby, if they have one that can be enjoyed indoors.

A beautiful photograph you have given us Graham. I enjoy these and I always see so much life in them. You captured the forcefulness of the water quite well as it flows over and out of the spillway, just think of the dynamics here. Though sometimes the rainy weather gets us down or maybe gets in the way of things we want to do, just think of what our favorite places would be like without it, for with the water comes life in abundance, it is natures way of shaping and caring for her things. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: