www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Equipment setup question
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Equipment setup question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cincy244

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Equipment setup question Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to the group and have a question regarding the best usage of my equipment. I am using a Nikon D300 and have a Nikon Micro 105mm 1:2.8D, Nikon Micro 200mm 1:4D, Nikon Pb4 Bellows and a set of Kenko extension tubes. My main interest are small insects like fly's, bedbugs, beetles etc. I have tried different combinations of tubes, lens, and bellows. I remain confused on the best method for stacking. any advise would be helpful.

Regards,
Allen
SONYNUT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first you'll need a tripod or some kind of solid support

then some kind of rack for moving the camera or the subject in small increments

look here>> http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=25
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, welcome aboard! Very Happy

There are a lot of options for stacking. Many of the important points are covered in our FAQ: What's the best way to focus when stacking?. Another resource that might be helpful is Zerene Stacker's Tutorial #2: Using a Macro Lens on a DSLR.

I suggest taking a careful read through those, then posting again with any further questions that you might have. There's been a lot of discussion about techniques and tradeoffs, but sometimes it's hard to find or to figure out how it applies to your specific interests. Don't be shy about asking.

--Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: