Insects are back

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

scitch

Insects are back

Post by scitch »

Took a voyage into my backyard today just armed with my Tamron 90mm macro and an external flash. Here's what I found:

I have two of these in my freezer and cannot wait to stack those feathered antennae.

Mike

gmazza

Post by gmazza »

Good images, I would work more in the concept of the first one, the diagonal formed by the leaf and the drop could make an interesting image. :smt023

Usually images from insects from behind are not the prefered by the public but you could work on the concept to make them more interesting or change to profile or frontal aproaches. :idea:
Gustavo Mazzarollo

Portfolio

http://www.gmazza.com

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

still have 5 ft of snow......maybe by fall :roll:
Just shoot it......

DQE

Post by DQE »

SONYNUT wrote:still have 5 ft of snow......maybe by fall :roll:
Same here (in Maine, USA)...nevertheless, I am desperate for an early spring.

Does anyone know of any especially effective rituals (of ANY variety!) that might cause an early and warm spring??!! (grins)
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

thartl

Post by thartl »

DQE wrote:
Same here (in Maine, USA)...nevertheless, I am desperate for an early spring.

Does anyone know of any especially effective rituals (of ANY variety!) that might cause an early and warm spring??!! (grins)
Temp was -3 after wind chill today here
Tyler

Still Learning!

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

After two reasonable days, it was minus 3 in the UK Midlands last night....Spring is very late this year...but Hey!...There are signs :-)

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

LordV

Post by LordV »

DQE wrote:

I think ritual migration to Florida can work pretty well :)
Brian v.
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

scitch

Post by scitch »

I was going to say the same thing about Southern California, Brian. 80 degrees today. I've already seen butterflies, wasps, bees, midges, ladybugs, mosquitos, and more.

Gustavo, I agree about the angles. Many of these insects were moving fervently and unfortunately didn't pose very well.

Mike

DQE

Post by DQE »

scitch wrote:I was going to say the same thing about Southern California, Brian. 80 degrees today. I've already seen butterflies, wasps, bees, midges, ladybugs, mosquitos, and more.

Gustavo, I agree about the angles. Many of these insects were moving fervently and unfortunately didn't pose very well.

Mike
I *really* enjoyed all my business trips to Southern California - mostly to Newport Beach and the San Diego area. The conferences I mostly attended were held in February, and were always a miraculous escape from winter. Getting off the plane and soon hearing song birds, seeing flowering plants, etc, was so delightful!

Now if I could only figure out a way to move there, now that I'm retired! Last time I checked, housing, etc near beach areas, etc, was exceptionally expensive!

With my luck, I figure that shortly after I moved there, the megaearthquakes would begin...
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic