First Pictures with a Microscope Objective

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

nucleobyte

First Pictures with a Microscope Objective

Post by nucleobyte »

Hello, I've been reading and learning lot here here for a while. This week all the parts finally arrived for me to try some pictures with a Nikon finite conjugate objective from ES, so I went out turning things over in the garden to find some subjects.

All the pictures are taken with a Canon 5DM2 and a Nikon 4/0.10 160/- objective on a PB4 bellows at full extension (I measure about 232mm from the objective to the sensor plane). I'm also using a MT-24 EX with a custom diffuser. By taking a picture of a ruler, I figure I'm getting about 6.9X at the sensor.

The little springtail is just under 1 mm and the big one is about 2mm. The last image is stacked from 7 hand held frames in zerene with Pmax and some touchup from individual frames. There is a little bit of banding. I'm not sure what the last one is, it was about 1.5 mm around and textured like the slugs in the compost. I'm thinking it might be slug egg or hatchling.

I hope to have more to post soon!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome aboard! These are great images for an introduction -- shot under challenging conditions and came out very well. :D

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic