Georgetsmurf intro

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

georgetsmurf

Georgetsmurf intro

Post by georgetsmurf »

Hi. I thought I better say a bit about myself as I have only just joined the site. I have been photographing one way or another since about 1963. Those with a flair for mathmatics could work out how old or young I am from that hint. I have done quite a bit of general macro stuff but not much through the microscope-all that is about to change. I had a denial period where I had difficulty accepting digital however now it is almost the only way to go (I still do some stuff on film). I have a modest background in evolutionary biology and ecology (a degree B.Sc. wollongong Uni NSW Australia) I have published some very basic microscope images in mine and other peoples research papers. I have a degree in Architectural design Science-Lighting Engineer. I am semi retired as a little bit compromised health wise but generally OK. I generally prefer to use Nikon stuff. I ran a mechanical camera repair business for a few years and found Nikon to be the most reliable, long lasting and consistant. Maybe I am a little biased in that regard. Anyhow, hello and good to be on board. By the way don't rack your brains trying to work out why the SMURF. It is a connection between myself and my children.[/img]

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

George,

Welcome :)

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

Welcome!

Biology plus lighting science plus Nikon repair sound like an excellent background training for some photomacrography or photomicroscopy :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic