Microscope/Camera setup

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

S2art

Microscope/Camera setup

Post by S2art »

Hi again everyone,
Here are the pictures of my microscope and camera set up including the adaptor tube. It appears to have a slot for an eyepiece lens so I've been putting a x10 into the space, not sure if I'm supposed to be doing that but it seemed to be screaming out to be filled!

So, Apex Researcher microscope, adaptor supplied by Apex to match micrsocope and Canon EOS 60D SLR body.

Comments please :)

And in the background you can see my indoor pond!
Thanks again.

Stewart

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

I think your right about sticking the eyepiece down in the adapter. Unless it already has a lens. I have two adapters for the EOS cameras. One was a cheapy E-bay thing that had no lens or instructions, the other had glass in it. The one with glass was quite expensive, and of course, it does not match the glass in the objectives, so you get green and purple fringing.

After reading a post here about someone that said to put a lens down inside the cheap one, I tried it and that made all the difference. I recently bought a Nikon scope and it came with a lens in the trinocular tube. :)

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Stewart,

You might find the info in this pdf to be of some interest:

http://krebsmicro.com/pdf/trinoc_a3.pdf

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic