www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - "Global Warming" means no macro for Mike this week
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"Global Warming" means no macro for Mike this week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: "Global Warming" means no macro for Mike this week Reply with quote

The high today was 71 degrees in Oklahoma City! Normally we'd be in the 40s or at most just above 50 this time of year, and snow wouldn't have been unheard of when I was a kid. I don't know if it is global warming as advertised or not (and a discussion of that isn't what I am seeking to provoke here), but it affects my photography--Normally cold winter weekends where I'm not going out of town mean a trip to the reptile house at the zoo for more snake photos. But today it was so lovely outside I took my100-400mm lens and photographed the large mammals outside. It was so nice today that tomorrow I'm going to do it again, except I'll take my 300/2.8. Whoo!

Weather affects what we photograph so much. I don't often think about it explicitly, but today really reminds me.

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is close enough to closeup (heh-heh) that I think I can get away with posting it in the community forum. I thought this Serval (small african cat, less than a yard long without tail) yawning was pretty funny....No snake shots ain't all bad!

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Last edited by Mike B in OKlahoma on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused? Neutral So...where's the kitty? Eh?
Mike B in OKlahoma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I forgot to upload him. He's there now!

--Calvin
salden

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There he is. I figured you would get around to upload sooner or later. Nice image.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like cats, they make such good pets and they can be quite entertaining. I really miss my old tomcat. Sad To bad those that are not domesticated cannot be kept as pets, however, some folks try and some actually succeed in so doing. Very Happy
DaveW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global warming is with us and increasing. Britain has had it's warmest year since records began 300 years ago!

DaveW
Kite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, gobal WARMING sucks..... I made warning big because in england our summers are just lukewarm, our winters are downright COLD (-5 teusday morning at my house, thats degrees celcuis BTW) and all the time we get rain...

... warming Rolling Eyes

yeah, I guess weather does affect photography allot, but I think we should try to photograph more in poor weather. It would be great to see how that cat looks in the rain.

on the weather topic, i had a little look at some ice on my pond. ice was too thick to focus properly and i didnt want to thin it down in case it went everywhere, but it was interesting to see that not many lifeforms had got stuck at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: