WANTED: Nikon PB-6 Bellows

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

luan

WANTED: Nikon PB-6 Bellows

Post by luan »

Seeking:

1. An excellent condition Nikon PB-6 Bellows.
2. Nikon M PLAN CF 10x objectives
3. Adaptors to couple the bellows to objectives.

Either individually or together. Must ship (airmail or courier) to Australia.

Many thanks.

luan

Post by luan »

Someone has kindly agreed to sell me the objective (#2). Still wanting the other stuff.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

luan,

Adapters to couple microscope objectives to bellows are currently available from one seller on eBay. This particular seller has a number of useful microscope objective adapters to suit various thread diameters.

The required item will depend upon the thread size of your microscope objective. There are differences in thread sizes.

The links below assume your objective has an RMS thread?

RMS to M42 Cone:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0352400700

RMS to M42 Standard (flat):
http://cgi.ebay.com/RMS-Thread-M42-Adap ... 0470968028

A Nikon F to M42 adapter (or alternative) will also be required.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

luan

Post by luan »

Thanks Craig. Will buy one of each, so these are now accounted for too.

I should add that I am also open to buying a good to excellent condition Novoflex automatic bellows for Nikon.

Cheers,

Luan

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Some PB-6's on EBAY. I got mine off there a couple of years ago, but they seem to have got more expensive since then. You can also record your search on EBAY and they will e-mail you for free whenever that item is posted for sale.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories

DaveW

luan

Post by luan »

Thanks Dave. I live in Australia, and there are currently none offered with shipping to here. I have bid on a couple over the past few days without success - they were all meant to be mint condition, yet the first one was $250, the second I bid up to $415. As I'm not really sure of retail price, I thought it would be wise to also try this forum.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Luan,

Just for the record. $250.00 would be almost reasonable for a PB-6; $415.00 for a PB-6 is way, way too much.

Also, don't dismiss the PB-4. It's the best bellows Nikon ever made IMO 8)

If you have the funds and you want a bellows now, then another one to consider is the non-auto Novoflex Balpro 1 universal bellows. The local distributor is in Crows Nest (Sydney) NSW and has them in stock. Mainline Photographics.

http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/mac ... s-systems/

*later note: I'm still looking into this Novoflex bellows.
Can a DSLR be postioned for Portrait and Landscape orientation?
Does it require expensive adapters to attach a DSLR?
What default attachments come as standard front and rear?
Do both the front and rear attachments move, or is the rear attachment fixed as in older versions?
It does not have a focusing rail, just an extension adjustment; but a focusing rail is not always essential if you intend to use an additional rail for finer micro steps, in the latter case, the absence of a bulky focusing rail is a bonus.
Who can ignore the design...love those blue bits 8)
If all the above questions are answered appropriately by the sales representative or via other documentation, then a Nikon PB-4 may suddenly appear on eBay Australia....or become available for sale privately.

Craig
Last edited by Craig Gerard on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Nikon PB-6 bellows new in the UK goes for around £484 (US$776.55) so I suppose £350 (US$561.56) on UK EBAY would not be too far out of line for a mint item since most buyers from new hardly ever use them. However bear in mind unlike the USA photo equipment in the UK has 17.5% Value Added Tax (soon to be 20%) slapped on it by our government and also if we import from outside the EU there would be Import Duty too on it I believe.

Buying from abroad then if you get clobbered for taxes and import duties often brings it up to what buying on your own EBAY would cost, unless you can get it at a low enough price to still beat your own home EBAY with import costs. Sometimes buying from the USA, since it is a big market and the items are lower taxed initially, means more are available cheaper secondhand and therefore keeps prices down more than say those available in the UK.

Plus, though it is disputed and the EU has threatened to look into it several times and take action against those firms, there is an opinion that many goods by Asian firms are sold at a lower initial price to the US through being subsidised by selling into Europe and other countries at higher wholesale prices.

With different internal taxation rates around the world, plus quantity discounts it is hard to determine whether differential costing is being applied to Europe's detriment. If it is found to be so though the EU can apply sanctions to those firms doing so.

Looks as if these are the latest Import Charges for Australia:-

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/CUSTOMS-CHAR ... 0002345306

DaveW

luan

Post by luan »

Thank you to everyone for their help. I have now acquired all the items, and just need to start taking pictures!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic