Hello from Mansfield

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JohnN

Hello from Mansfield

Post by JohnN »

Hi,

I just bumped into this forum last night and signed up (obviously :)) and thought I'd say a quick hi.

I've been into photography for a while not but find myself drawn to images of bugs in macro, mostly I guess because they are so alien.

Well not much more to say really.

John
Camera: Gripped Canon EOS 7D
Kit: Σ17-70 ƒ2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM - EF 100mm 2.8 Macro USM - EF 70-200mm f/4L USM - Σ150-500mm DG OS HSM - EF50mm ƒ1:8 II - TTL Flash YN-468 - Raynox DCR-250 - Jessops Auto Tubes - Redsnapper tripod & monopod

flickr - I know I hijacked my wifes account!

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi John,

Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK?

DaveW

JohnN

Post by JohnN »

Aye, relatively close :)
Camera: Gripped Canon EOS 7D
Kit: Σ17-70 ƒ2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM - EF 100mm 2.8 Macro USM - EF 70-200mm f/4L USM - Σ150-500mm DG OS HSM - EF50mm ƒ1:8 II - TTL Flash YN-468 - Raynox DCR-250 - Jessops Auto Tubes - Redsnapper tripod & monopod

flickr - I know I hijacked my wifes account!

Jbailey

Post by Jbailey »

Welcome to the forum, John.

Jim

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

A very warm welcome John from a fellow UK member in Warwickshire's Shakespeare-land:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

Harold Gough

Re: Hello from Mansfield

Post by Harold Gough »

JohnN wrote: I've been into photography for a while not but find myself drawn to images of bugs in macro, mostly I guess because they are so alien.
But that's their attraction! :)

Some of us got into this by starting with photographing flowers, which are more cooperative models. The skills and understanding can then be used on the more sedentary invertebrates and then, with some adaptions, to the wider community.

One of the biggest problems, if it matters to you, is putting a name to the creatures you have photographed. Some help is available in our FAQs, some from replies to posts.

Welcome to this very friendly and mutually-supportive community.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic