"Global Warming" means no macro for Mike this week

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

"Global Warming" means no macro for Mike this week

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

The high today was 71 degrees in Oklahoma City! Normally we'd be in the 40s or at most just above 50 this time of year, and snow wouldn't have been unheard of when I was a kid. I don't know if it is global warming as advertised or not (and a discussion of that isn't what I am seeking to provoke here), but it affects my photography--Normally cold winter weekends where I'm not going out of town mean a trip to the reptile house at the zoo for more snake photos. But today it was so lovely outside I took my100-400mm lens and photographed the large mammals outside. It was so nice today that tomorrow I'm going to do it again, except I'll take my 300/2.8. Whoo!

Weather affects what we photograph so much. I don't often think about it explicitly, but today really reminds me.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Mike B in OKlahoma

This is close enough to closeup (heh-heh) that I think I can get away with posting it in the community forum. I thought this Serval (small african cat, less than a yard long without tail) yawning was pretty funny....No snake shots ain't all bad!Image
Last edited by Mike B in OKlahoma on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I'm confused? :| So...where's the kitty? :-s

Mike B in OKlahoma

Oops, I forgot to upload him. He's there now!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

--Calvin

salden

Post by salden »

There he is. I figured you would get around to upload sooner or later. Nice image.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I like cats, they make such good pets and they can be quite entertaining. I really miss my old tomcat. :( To bad those that are not domesticated cannot be kept as pets, however, some folks try and some actually succeed in so doing. :D

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Global warming is with us and increasing. Britain has had it's warmest year since records began 300 years ago!

DaveW

Kite

Post by Kite »

meh, gobal WARMING sucks..... I made warning big because in england our summers are just lukewarm, our winters are downright COLD (-5 teusday morning at my house, thats degrees celcuis BTW) and all the time we get rain...

... warming :roll:

yeah, I guess weather does affect photography allot, but I think we should try to photograph more in poor weather. It would be great to see how that cat looks in the rain.

on the weather topic, i had a little look at some ice on my pond. ice was too thick to focus properly and i didnt want to thin it down in case it went everywhere, but it was interesting to see that not many lifeforms had got stuck at all.
Microscope: Watson Barnett Bactil
Camera: Kodak DX7440 (not SLR, no attachment for the microscope, i just hold it over the lens and pray :()

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic