Empathising

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

Empathising

Post by Harold Gough »

I live next door a fosterer for cats for the main British animal rescue organisation, the RSPCA. I occasionally help out by feeding the caged cats when the fosterer is on holday. Of course, when you get too close to a charity you eventually get further involved.

Two and a half years ago, I received an urgent request to look after a tiny (hamster-sized) female kitten with her eyes still closed. Last year I took a homeless mother cat and her suckling kittens in, supplemeting her efforts with bottle feeds until they were weaned. Two weeks ago I was handed four, four-week-old kittens whose mother had been killed on the road. They are just all onto solid food today.

So, I can relate somewhat to this situation:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/g ... li-animals

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

DQE

Post by DQE »

We recently acquired two cats from a nearby cat shelter. It was very hard not to volunteer as a temporary cat home provider, or to take a dozen or more cats home permanently. This cat shelter is a "no kill" shelter and also provides care for terminally ill homeless cats. They were caring for over 70 cats when we last visited.

Needless to say, my wife and I are both cat lovers.
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

I found the body language in the 4th image to be intriguing. You can almost read their thoughts.

I'm wondering how that large leaf came to be where it is located in the image?

The curious macaque on the left appears to employing a patient, non-confrontational approach. I wonder how long it took to arrive at its proximity in the image and did it use the leaf, initially, as a shield?

That cat is feral! :twisted:

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Craig Gerard wrote:I'm wondering how that large leaf came to be where it is located in the image?
According to a newspaper article, the monkey placed a large leaf over the kitten when it perceived danger. I have yet to find that image, if it was captured.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I noticed also that the cat seems to be taken aback at the presence of the other monkey and just by looks alone, the cat does indeed look feral. I too am a cat lover but at my present abode, cats are taboo, unless you want to pay that extra deposit on the rent. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic