Wanted Nikon 70-180 4.5/5.6 ED AF-D MICRO NIKKOR

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DaveW

Wanted Nikon 70-180 4.5/5.6 ED AF-D MICRO NIKKOR

Post by DaveW »

Anybody in the UK got a mint secondhand Nikon 70-180 4.5/5.6 ED AF-D MICRO NIKKOR Zoom for sale? Many dealers list it in stock but admit they do not have it when you e-mail them!

DaveW

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Looks like a mighty cool lens, one of only two Nikon closeup lenses I (a Canon shooter) envy y'all for (The other is the 85mm PC). I've only seen one "For real" myself. Good luck finding it, should be a really nice lens once you get your hands on it.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Mike,

The new 105mm vibration reduction micro nikkor is quite cool too!

http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/tes ... est_id=463

If I can't get a 70-180 I might have to settle for that.

I gather the 70-180 micro nikkor has now been discontinued in the UK. It is rather hard to find the truth as Nikon's main agent in the USA evidently stopped stocking it a while ago, so only grey imports were obtainable there.

It continued to be available in Europe, but I don't know if it is just not stocked anymore by Nikon's British main agents and still available in Japan and elsewhere, or if Nikon has now discontinued it.?

It was never a popular or bulk selling lens, so if it has just been discontinued for this reason or whether a new version is soon to be introduced I do not know. One of the criticisms of it used to be it's small maximum aperture, plus why it did not go to 200mm or 210mm like normal zooms. This discouraged many from buying it as a dual purpose macro lens and conventional zoom.

I live in hopes of finding one anyway. I gather they are sometimes offered on E-Bay at reasonable prices.

DaveW

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic