Microscope eyepiece caps

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

OzRay

Microscope eyepiece caps

Post by OzRay »

Would anyone know where I could get two of these:

They are plastic caps that came with my microscope and were used as covers for where the eyepieces went on the scope. I've searched microscope sellers on eBay etc but with no luck whatsoever. The diameter of the inner part is about 23mm. I need another two for a project of mine, which may be of some interest to forum members, but I've not been able to find anything as an alternative anywhere else and these are exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone has an idea for an alternative, I'd be interested in that as well.

Cheers

Ray

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Ray,

You could try an Australian company called GeckoOptical:
http://www.geckooptical.com/

ProScitech:
http://www.proscitech.com.au/cataloguex/orderinf.asp

AstroOptical:
http://www.astro-optical.com.au/listmic ... &sort=name

One, or all of them should have some in a box somewhere... Let us know how you go.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

OzRay

Post by OzRay »

Thanks Craig

I believe that Gecko Optical is no longer trading, but I'll give them all a try. It sounds kind of stupid what I'm after, but once I show what I'm doing, it may make some sense. :D

Cheers

Ray

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Ray,

GeckoOptical are online. Changed hands about two years ago (how did I know that?). They are also on eBay. They recently had a Nikon Eclipse E100 for $1695 and various other microscopy items. They currently have the E100 for AUD $1795 under the 'Specials Offers' tab on their website.

Were you participating in an auction on eBay Australia that ended on Thursday? :-k

Looking forward to more details of your project.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

OzRay

Post by OzRay »

Craig Gerard wrote:Ray,

GeckoOptical are online. Changed hands about two years ago (how did I know that?). They are also on eBay. They recently had a Nikon Eclipse E100 for $1695 and various other microscopy items. They currently have the E100 for AUD $1795 under the 'Specials Offers' tab on their website.

Were you participating in an auction on eBay Australia that ended on Thursday? :-k

Looking forward to more details of your project.

Craig
Yes, I was participating in that auction, that's why I thought Gecko was gone.

Cheers

Ray

elf

Post by elf »

I think it's time you bought a mini-lathe :D

OzRay

Post by OzRay »

elf wrote:I think it's time you bought a mini-lathe :D
I've desired a mini-lathe, along with a bench drill, a hydraulic press, bench grinder, mig welder etc, etc, and a workshop to put it all in for years. :cry:

Cheers

Ray

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic