Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DQE

Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras

Post by DQE »

Not 100.0% sure this is appropriate but since it pertains to macro photographers who use 5DII cameras, I thought it might help some others. I've installed the firmware update into my camera and it installed OK and seems to work fine.

Below is an excerpt from the announcement, and a link:
------------------------------------

FIRMWARE UPDATE 2.0.7 FOR EOS 5D Mark II

EOS 5D Mark II firmware update (Version 2.0.7) incorporates the
following improvements and fixes.

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).

2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.

3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.

These phenomenon only occur with the EOS 5D Mark II firmware versions 2.0.4 and 2.0.3.

You can download the latest firmware for the EOS 5D Mk II and other EOS digital cameras at:

http://www.eos-magazine.com/News/firmwareupdates.html
-Phil

"Diffraction never sleeps"

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Firmware update for Canon 5DII cameras

Post by rjlittlefield »

DQE wrote:Not 100.0% sure this is appropriate
Looks appropriate to me. Would also be reasonable in Equipment.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic