After the show...

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

After the show...

Post by Cyclops »

...comes the fruit!
Bluebells from my garden (not the native species) producing seeds.
Processed from RAW in DPP, tweaked and cleaned up in PSE.
Lit with a wandering LED torch; I find moving it about reduces hot spots on shiny objects.

Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: After the show...

Post by rjlittlefield »

Looks good!
Cyclops wrote:Lit with a wandering LED torch; I find moving it about reduces hot spots on shiny objects.
Correct. This increases the effective area of the torch, making it act like a more diffuse light source.

--Rik

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Thanks Rik! That background was a pig to sort out! In the RAW file it was a dirty salmon pink colour due to mixed lighting and a long exposure (60W tungsten ceiling light), and I had to play about with curves on the RGB tab and other settings-took me ages! I think it was worth it in the end.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic