Unknown flora

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Cyclops wrote:I don't know US geography verry well but I'm guessing Texas or Oklahoma?
Not bad, globally speaking, but running a Google map on my location (Richland, Washington State, USA) will show that Texas and Oklahoma are not "west of Rik". :wink:

--Rik

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Cyclops wrote:I don't know US geography verry well but I'm guessing Texas or Oklahoma?
Not bad, globally speaking, but running a Google map on my location (Richland, Washington State, USA) will show that Texas and Oklahoma are not "west of Rik". :wink:

--Rik
Ha,I always thought Washington was on the West coast! You're between Calif and Alaska! Near Mount Rainier Park-I've heard good things about that place!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

elf

Post by elf »

Cyclops wrote:
rjlittlefield wrote:

--Rik
Ha,I always thought Washington was on the West coast! You're between Calif and Alaska! Near Mount Rainier Park-I've heard good things about that place!
Mt. Raineer is about a three hour drive, but that's more because of traffic and poor roads than distance.
rjlittlefield wrote:Now there's a good question for a school quiz! Lots of room for thought in that one. I have to quibble though -- I think it's west by northwest of me. :wink:

--Rik
I think Northwest by half West might be more accurate :). It's been a long time since I've had to box a compass for real. One of my first commercial fishing jobs was working on an old halibut schooner and the skipper would give all of the courses by points of the compass. He also wouldn't let us use the autopilot. He had new fangled radar installed in his stateroom just off the bridge and wouldn't let anyone else look at it. Dark, stormy nights could get very interesting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic