Hopper with a thorny problem

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

puzzledpaul

Hopper with a thorny problem

Post by puzzledpaul »

1/15, iso 400
1/4, iso 100
1/10, iso 400

Looked like this individual was contemplating its next move - last pic was after it had and I considered myself lucky to be around to get a shot at this angle :)

Natural light
Canon 10D + 200/F4 Canon FD macro + 74mm extn (inc. home made FD / EOS converter) + tripod (incl. home made accessories)
Aperture info not recorded as too busy...
All 3 uncropped.

Pile of garden refuse / clippings etc in rear garden.

pp

(btw, thx again to TW for sorting out a minor re-registration issue :) )
Last edited by puzzledpaul on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

salden

Post by salden »

Nice hopper images. These guys are among my favorites to photograph. Those are some wicked-looking thorns too.
Sue Alden

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

I'll bet he is being careful! Nice stalking. The leaf in the bg of the first pic is a distraction, alas.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Good photo of the hopper there puzzledpaul. :D Seems I have a few days like that myself from time to time. :(

By the way, Welcome to the Forums. We hope that you will enjoy yourself here and we look forward to your posts. :D

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Thanks all for the comments / welcome - although I joined pm1 last year (but didn't post any pics) - and have mainly been admiring the efforts of others since then :)

Mike - totally agree with comment re leaf - I opened up slightly with the next frame to blur bg a little more, but opted for the pic shown anyway.

The (busy) location isn't ideal - but it seems to act as a focal point / meeting place for these guys (and others) - and at least it's slightly higher than 'grass level' from the convenience pov.

<< These guys are among my favorites to photograph >>

Likewise - how many pics of them am I allowed before I get banned / banished ? :)

pp

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I would certainly want to hang out in the leaf litter if I was that color. Anything green would make it stand out like “EAT ME” :smt027 I hope to see more of your great pictures puzzledpaul :wink: Welcome!
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic