First Macro Shots - Fly

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Frogfish

First Macro Shots - Fly

Post by Frogfish »

Hi All,

I've had the camera (K7) for 3 months now and got my Tamron 90 1:1 a few days ago. Before that I was reversing a 43mm Ltd onto the K7. So these are the first shots I dare to post on here !

I had just a few minutes today before the rain came down but that kept the insects tucked up and mostly static.

These were taken with 120mm of extension tubes behind the Tamron 90 - full manual of course. Exif if I remember correctly #1 was 1/100, F8 (maybe F11), ISO3,200 and #2 was 1/80, F8 (maybe F11) and ISO 3,200. Ambient light. Both taken on a monopod in gusty windy conditions.

Minor PP in Bibble Pro. No Cropping.

Any cruel love very welcome :)

gmazza

Post by gmazza »

You positioned the subject very well a good frontal aproach, there's not so much noise at iso3200 than I could expect.

I think the images would benefit from more depth (f/8 or f/11) both are too open for what is expected in images of this magnification, even dealing with some diffraction I would suggest to consider, all in due time, a flash setup for working with smaller apertures.
Gustavo Mazzarollo

Portfolio

http://www.gmazza.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic