Adapter for Micro-Four-Thirds camera (GF1)?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

What is the difference between using a C-mount and a T-mount with my micro 4/3 GF1?
Primarily the diameter of the tube. A T-mount has about a 37mm clear internal diameter (42mm x 0.75 threads), a C mount tube is smaller and has a 22mm clear internal diameter (1 inch or 25mm thread size). The diagonal on the 4/3 sensor is 22.5mm so with a C mount you're cutting it pretty close but you should be OK. A C mount is really too narrow for larger sensor cameras. The T-mount diameter would present no vignetting concerns at all with a 4/3 or APS sized sensor (or even full frame 24x36mm in most cases). In the past, T-mounts were more commonly used with SLR cameras and the C-mount was more common with movie and video cameras.

What objective(s) do you have with the Brock?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

OzRay wrote:The C mount adapter came from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/16mm-C-Mount-lens-E ... 563b475e39
Ray, didn't you have a problem with vignetting that required some mods on the C-mount adapter? Or is my memory glitching again?

--Rik

OzRay

Post by OzRay »

rjlittlefield wrote:
OzRay wrote:The C mount adapter came from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/16mm-C-Mount-lens-E ... 563b475e39
Ray, didn't you have a problem with vignetting that required some mods on the C-mount adapter? Or is my memory glitching again?

--Rik
With this adapter, everything works fine, but I did have problems with another one, which vignetted. I can't find it on the eBay site, but it's a CTV adapter that has a focussing ring. It's now attached to a Leica M mount adatpter, so I can use it like a Lomo lens. Here's a shot of one of my sleeping hounds taken with this adapter (just for fun):

Cheers

Ray

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic