Shoot more trouble

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

elf

Shoot more trouble

Post by elf »

Well my e330's shutter finally expired and it managed to do it in an odd way. It just caused the camera to vibrate a lot. Watching the sequence on LiveView was interesting. I could see that I had a nice sharp focus in LiveView and after clicking the shutter, the mirror would move out of the way and when the shutter released the image blurred.

I'm still debating which new camera to buy. Olympus would be my preferred choice, but their lack of support for the SDK and no new 4/3rds offerings for quite some time leads me to the conclusion that they may not produce the camera I want. Changing brands means buying new lens which will likely cost far more than the body. I postponed the necessary decision by picking up a used e330 on ebay that only had a few thousand shutter clicks. With any luck, I should be able to get 20 or 30 focus stacked panoramas out of it before it also expires :)

While I was testing the new camera, I discovered my bellows had developed several light leaks. It was made of blackout curtain material which is a thin cotton with rubberized backing. I'm trying a new material which should be less fragile now. It's cotton with one side smooth and the other fuzzy. It's quite a bit easier to work with than the rubberized material.

The Morse code did not appear in a fresh stack of the Brunnera Macrophylla. It is perfectly horizontal in both images, the stitching software rotated the images slightly to allign them. Here's tonight's stack that shows the blue bottle gang has gone silent again:

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Interesting!

So, with its Morse code described elsewhere, the camera was actually sounding out "Oh oh oh oh oh!" in anticipation of impending doom? :lol:

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic