small spider Componon 28

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

liuto

small spider Componon 28

Post by liuto »

This little spider kept still for 8 frames :-)
Nice opportunity to try out my Componon 28/4 at f8 with minimum extension on PB-4 bellows. Stacked and retouched with ZS.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Came out well!

What was the rest of your setup? I am imagining a tripod, and focusing using the bottom rail of the PB-4.

--Rik

liuto

Post by liuto »

This is my basic setup: Nikon D200 with PB4 on Proxxon compound table. Wolfcraft drill stand (heavy) with three small Newport linear stages (XY setup) and ballhead. Additionally I use two SB-600 flashes triggered by internal flash of D200.
I had plucked a specimen of Cardamine pratensis to make a stack of one of the blossoms when I realized the tiny inhabitant. I decided to make a quick setup
so I omitted the drill stand and focused with the Proxxon in steps of ca. 0,2mm. The flash was handheld without diffuser in slave TTL mode.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Nice spider ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Joaquim F.

Spider

Post by Joaquim F. »

Hello, very good macro, the Wolfcraft drill stand is really heavy metal stage! very interesting set-up, i thing the lens in the picture is a EL-Nikkor not the componon, nice work anyway!

best regards

Joaquim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic