Hi Everybody

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Bill D

Hi Everybody

Post by Bill D »

Hi I just registered on your forum. I learned of this place just today. After visiting photomacrography.net I decided to join in.

Years ago I worked with quite a few photographers, model building at first, then assisting, finally shooting. Photography is a hobby for me now. A few months ago I purchased a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens for my XT. I am always working to improve my macrophotography. For many years I have wanted a decent, used microscope. Growing up I spent my summers attending a couple of nature camps. Once it's in your blood, you are interested in it the rest of your life! I'm 48 years old. I found a medical school surplus microscope to buy this past weekend.

The microscope is a Bausch & Lomb, monocular, compound scope, high power, incandescent bulb... (What did I miss?) Oh yeah, the tube travels to focus, and the eyepiece tube is 23mm inside diameter. Having said that, I am not a microscope expert at all. It has been close to 30 years since I have used a scope! I have a couple of snap shots of it. I guess I should post them in the technical forum? I would love to figure out what model and year it is. I want to learn to use this thing in proper fashion, and then, eventually hope to do microphotograhy with it.

Sorry to ramble on. (I guess I'm nervous introducing myself) But, if you are willing to help me, I have alot to learn!

Bill Doherty
Bill

salden

Post by salden »

Hi Bill and welcome. You can post your question in the tech forum, along with an image of your scope and I am sure someone will help you out.
Sue Alden

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Lotta smart people about microscopes here (I'm not one of 'em, I don't believe in things too small for me to see! <hee hee> They are nice people, and will help you out if you ask as Sue suggested. Go for it! :-)

Incidentally, welcome to the site!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Bill D

Post by Bill D »

Thank You very much. Nice to meet both of you.
Bill

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Glad to see you made it Bill, been looking for ya all evening. Yes we would like to see your scope. Being the tube travels up and down to focus, I only have one option but we will wait to see what some of our more experienced members have to say and suggest. So post a photo of it in the Tech Forums and lets see if we can barnstorm a solution for microphotography and help you along in getting started in microscopy. We also have a Micro Beginners Forum, it is not used but once in a while but it is there for all of your non-technical questions such as how do you prepare wet mounts, slides, where do find pond critters, first time microphotographs, and etc... :-k Also our regular Photography Through the Microscope Gallery is a real treat. You will find some awesome photographs by some our most advanced and distinguished members there, feel free to ask questions and commnet on the posts if you wish and of course if you like you can post microphotographs as well. Welcome to the Forums Bill, glad to have ya aboard! :D

Bill D

Post by Bill D »

Ken- Hi. Thank you for directing me to these forums! I just posted a couple of pictures over in the tech forum. I have started to look at the images in some of the galleries... WOW awesome. I did order some slide supplies, off the net. Will be a few days before I get them.

Thanks again for the information, and glad to meet you!
Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic