Hi, newbie with 1st macro lens :)

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

snapit

Hi, newbie with 1st macro lens :)

Post by snapit »

Hi everyone, some spectacular images on this site!!! It really inspires you to get snapping

I recently purchased my first macro lens, the tamron 90mm 2.8 for my sony a200, I was wondering if anyone else had this lens or any shots from this lens that I could look at?

Having never used a macro before I'm not really sure of its capabilities but would love to take some images of water droplets, insects and anything else that takes my fancy! lol

Thanks!

:)

homestar455

Post by homestar455 »

Welcome to the forums.

I can't say I've used that lens, nor do I have photos from it to share, but a lot of good images show up when you search "Tamron 90mm macro" in google images.
Hope that helps?

That's a good way to learn, just start taking photos of anything and everything that catches your eye.

Hack

Post by Hack »

I've never use that lens, but if you go to:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00021EEA4/ref ... Code%3Dasn

you will be able to view 38 customer images. The images are over on the left side of your screen.

Hack

Frogfish

Post by Frogfish »

I have also just bought this lens to put on a Pentax K7 - after two days I love it ! My inspiration to buy this lens came from a Polish macro shooter called Grzegorz Cywicki. Just unbelievable shots, the best I have ever seen on any website !

Attached is the first shot I took with this lens (yesterday !) in the office because I couldn't wait to try it before I got home :)

Original and 100% crop.

[/img]

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Most macro lenses of the infinity to 1:1 type are of good quality these days, so anything you see done by one of this type, whatever the make, can be done by yours. Successful macro images are often as much technique as equipment.

Many conventional photographers often give up though because they cannot get used to the limited depth of field really close up.

DaveW

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Hi Snapit,

I have the Tamron 90 mm and a Sony a100 and I've posted a photo taken using the equipment. As Dave mentioned, equipment and technique are both part of the equation. I like my equipment and mutter about my technique. (Note: I was concentrating on the flower and did not notice the insect until I was home and looking through my day's efforts)

Gary
A pixel is worth a thousand words but it takes a thousand words to explain a pixel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic