First daffodil

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

LordV

First daffodil

Post by LordV »

Fraid i butchered the first daffodil to come out in the garden - series of focus stacks using zerene stacker,MPE-65 apart from last shot using my microscope objective setup at 10:1.

Pic pair is a cross-eye stereogram for those that can freeview them.

Brian v.

www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Lovely stuff Brian, but - and I'm sure you'll not take this as a criticism - there's something wrong about the 3D pair?
Maybe it's because one image is brighter, but the tri-lobed bit on the end of the middle spikey part (I'm not a flowerologist :oops: ) looks as though it's almost separated ?
It may be that it's just because it doesn't "run in" to the structures behind.
Do you see it that way?

LordV

Post by LordV »

ChrisR wrote:Lovely stuff Brian, but - and I'm sure you'll not take this as a criticism - there's something wrong about the 3D pair?
Maybe it's because one image is brighter, but the tri-lobed bit on the end of the middle spikey part (I'm not a flowerologist :oops: ) looks as though it's almost separated ?
It may be that it's just because it doesn't "run in" to the structures behind.
Do you see it that way?
Thanks Chris for the comments :)

Can't see anything odd on the stigma of the 3-D - it's just sticking out in front of the anthers. I do see a slight oddity on the top twisted anther.
I do sometimes get oddities in these flash 3-D shots simply because the light source has moved as well but at least my eyes/brain seem to be amazingly accomodating with 3-D shots.
Brian v.
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

seta666

Post by seta666 »

Lovely pictures, the 3D one is supperb; I see no problem on it other than the bokeh make´s it hard to keep in focused

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Maybe it's one eye being dominant. I matched the tones a bit and it all sits down now. :)
Shall I post a link to it?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Lovely pictures (as always)!

The stereo fuses up fine for me, but I can see what you mean about the tones. The image on the right side of the page is definitely brighter than on the left. I had not noticed that before you mentioned it, but now it's obvious.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic