The art of water

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Graham46

The art of water

Post by Graham46 »

Just having some more fun with earth's most precious element at 3x. Not a challenging or original shot but Im a sucker for these colors. Auto contrast and curves in photoshop made it even more spectacular

The out of focus spots near the top are smaller drops of water that existed at the beginning of the stack but evaporated by the time I reached the top sadly.
Semper cogitatio
Graham

bvalente

Post by bvalente »

looks great graham - very surreal. Are you using any sort of pola setup on these images, or done in post?

Cheers

Brian

Graham46

Post by Graham46 »

Sorry for the late reply! There are no polarizers in this shot on either the lens or the light source. I simply did an auto-contrast in photoshop and it completely transformed the image. The original is much lighter without nearly the amount of deep blues and purples
Semper cogitatio
Graham

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Graham, am I correct in thinking that the overall blue/purple hue started off because this was shot over a DVD, and that the other colors are diffraction spectra from the gratings?

--Rik

Graham46

Post by Graham46 »

Correct Rik, bingo. I had to look up what a grating was in this sense, but yes I believe thats whats happening here :) The dvd was very blue/purple on its own
Semper cogitatio
Graham

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic