first one

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sole

first one

Post by sole »

Hi everyone, I've just found this forum so i would like to introduce me. I'm beginner not only at macro, but in photography at all. I'm from Lithuainia (east Europe). I have canon 450 it's kit lens, 50 f1.8 and 100 f2.8. And i'm really interested in macrophotography. this is my first try:

BTW this is bubbles on the surface of tea :)
sole
Last edited by sole on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: first one

Post by rjlittlefield »

sole wrote:Hi everyone, I've just found this forum so i would like to introduce me. I'm beginner not only at macro, but in photography at all. I'm from Lithuainia (east Europe). I have canon 450 it's kit lens, 50 f1.8 and 100 f2.8. And i'm really interested in macrophotography. this is my first try:

BTW this is bubbles on the surface of tea :)
sole
sole, welcome aboard! :D

To show an image that is hosted on another site, you need to point directly to the .jpg file. The Image

I hope this helps. Again, welcome aboard!

--Rik
(Editor / Lead administrator)

sole

Post by sole »

sure! thanks a lot.

Harold Gough

Re: first one

Post by Harold Gough »

sole wrote:I'm beginner not only at macro, but in photography at all.
BTW this is bubbles on the surface of tea
Welcome. Not only did you start with one of the more difficult photographic specialities but you risked getting your lens misted up! :lol:

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

homestar455

Post by homestar455 »

Welcome, sole.

This is a rather good first attempt, especially considering, as Harold said, this is one of the more difficult photographic specialties.

Btw, I like your flickr page.

sole

Post by sole »

Thank you guys ;)

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Also with non macro lenses make sure you don't get closer than the lens can focus or you will get fuzzy pictures. I see quite a few on a Cactus forum I am on trying to fill the viewfinder with a subject and getting closer than their lenses can focus, so their pictures are not sharp.

If you look in the information that came with your lens it should tell you the closest distance it can focus at.

Another simple test is to switch off autofocus, rack out your lens to its closest focus, put your camera on a table so you can see through the viewfinder then just gradually slide a matchbox, or some similar sized small object towards the lens until it looks sharpest on the viewfinder screen, then measure from the front of your lens to the object, then never try and get closer than that or the image will not be sharp.

If you want to go closer (larger image) you will need a supplementary close-up lens, sometimes called a close-up filter, that just screws into the filter thread of your lens:-

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/clo ... enses.html

DaveW

sole

Post by sole »

thank you for info :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic