Link to all of a person's posted photographs

Here are summaries and links to discussions for Frequently Asked Questions.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Stanley

Link to all of a person's posted photographs

Post by Stanley »

Hi everyone,

I hope that this is the appropriate forum in which to pose the following question:

I would like to put a link on one of my two web sites that would take a person to www.photomacrography.net. Ideally, I would like the person to be led to the place from where they could then view all of my posts.

So, I guess that I should make the link to my profile. Is that correct?

Thank you.

Stanley

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I suspect what you'd really like is a set of links to the topics that you started, since those are the ones that contain your photographs.

But I don't know any automatic way to get that.

The button in your profile labeled "Find all posts by Stanley" will find literally all of your posts, including questions and comments in other people's topics. If that'll work for you, it's probably the best thing to do.

To get a list of your own topics, I don't know any way other than keeping one yourself. At least that's what I do, at http://www.janrik.net/RiksLinks.html.

--Rik

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

You can _almost_ do this but it's overly complex and does not give easy access to what you want - go to search. Put your username in the user search box. Leave 'all forums' selected. Make sure "Display results as" is set to "topics", and set "Sort by" to "Author". Click search.

This will return a list of ALL threads you have posted to. By browsing through the pages until you find your name in the author column you can then see all threads started by you. (Whether they contain pictures or not unfortunately).

If you limit this search to just say "Technical gallery" or "Nature gallery" forums then you should find most of your pictures...

You have to click on each thread to see the pictures unfortunately...

Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi Laurie,

Thank you very much for your response.

What you say is interesting, but as you also point out it is quite complex.

I guess doing what Rik says is the better solution.

Thanks again.

Stanley

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Do a Google search with search terms:

site:photomacrography.net "username"

where you insert your user name.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic