Books on microscopy?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Books on microscopy?

Post by Cyclops »

I visited my local library recenty in the hope of finding a god book on microscopy to read, and the only one they had was in the kids section!
Now normally one can request a book to be ordered and they will bring it in from another library, but I dont know the names or authors of any such books. I remembr reading a few years ago but my memory's not that good ;)
So I was hoping for some recommendations for me to go hunt for-I'm thinking along the lines of pond life under the microscope,rotifers, cilliates etc.
(Im sure theres a book out there with the title Adventures through the microscope or something similar)

Cheers all
Larry
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Thomas Ashcraft

Post by Thomas Ashcraft »

Hopefully your broader library system has Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa by D. J. Patterson. This is a fine 223 page key to identifying protozoa and also has an introduction to using the light microscope and methodologies for collecting and culturing samples, and lots of other good information.

Tom in New Mexico

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa by D. J. Patterson. This is a fine 223 page key to identifying protozoa

Thanks for that,will have to look for than one!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

DaveW wrote:

Some microscope movies here on the right if you scroll down a bit:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOBTTna7t-o

DaveW
Yea, a couple of mine are there Dave. :)

Garry DeLong

Post by Garry DeLong »

:( Unfortunately, the guidebook of my youth seems to no longer be in print: TL Jahn--How to Know the Protoza

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Garry DeLong wrote::( Unfortunately, the guidebook of my youth seems to no longer be in print: TL Jahn--How to Know the Protoza
I believe that's been reworked into the 2nd edition, 1979, still in print.

As of today Amazon has spiral-bound new for $48.75, used from $29.75. Search for jahn protozoa or try this link.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic