Jumping Spider Series

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

morfa

Jumping Spider Series

Post by morfa »

Larger view here

Larger view here

Larger view here

Larger view here!

Fujifilm S5pro, Sigma 150mm f2.8, Raynox DCR-150

Each image is stacked from 8-16 one second exposures in natural light at f11-f16.

Please let me know which one works best for you!

/John

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Hard to choose, but I think I'd rank them in the order you have presented them, top best.

These are beautiful natural light field stacks. Thanks for getting up early enough to catch these critters so quiet!

--Rik

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Oh WOW, Morfa, these are just beautiful !!!!!! What are the little bubble things on the top of his head (not his eyes, but a bit back from there), or is it dew, and Rik mentioned you got up early. How did he know that?

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

q_hung

Post by q_hung »

You are number one! The top one is the best one, in my opinion!

Please post more!

To missgecko: You can get info. of the photo by viewing the EXIF. The top photo is taken around 7:00 AM.

Iainp

Post by Iainp »

Absolutely beautiful.

Stacked from images taken in the natural environment, superb reflections, dewdrops on the body, vivid natural colours: all elements that your images have, and I've been aspiring to for a looong time. Maybe one day...

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

missgecko wrote:...and Rik mentioned you got up early. How did he know that?
I was guessing, from the dewdrops and earlier discussion about the fly.

--Rik

morfa

Post by morfa »

Thank you for your comments!

These are early morning shots too so yes, that is dew! But perhaps it's worth mentioning that these guys have one pair of eyes quite far back on their heads and I see now that these eyes are quite easily mistaken for dew drops!

/John

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

These are pretty neat! Color, details, background, composition, all very nice, what more could you ask? :D

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

You can get info. of the photo by viewing the EXIF. The top photo is taken around 7:00 AM.
Where do you see that??

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

ChrisR wrote:Where do you see that??
Save File As, open in IrfanView, Image > Information... > EXIF info*, and it shows up as DateTimeOriginal - 2009:08:25 06:56:39. In Photoshop CS, it's File > File Info > Advanced > EXIF Properties, showing as DateTimeOriginal: 2009-08-25T06:56:39-08:00.

It would be a mistake, however, to read anything into that "-08:00". Normally that would indicate a time zone offset from GMT, but the EXIF DateTimeOriginal tag doesn't actually contain a time zone offset. So what Photoshop is showing is morfa's local time, merged with my time zone. If I change my computer's time zone to be -06:00 instead of -08:00 and relaunch Photoshop, then it reports 2009-08-25T06:56:39-06:00! (Muttering is heard in the distance: "Programmers...")

--Rik

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I`ll add my "WOW" to this bunch also. Sharp and Beautiful lighting and background.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

l2oBiN

Post by l2oBiN »

Lovely captures. The first seems to have a "ghost leg" between the two front left legs. The last image is my fav. Congrats on image of teh month.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic